First off, let’s get all introductions out of the way. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Second, we here at MEVO would like to share some ways to make your Thanksgiving a little bit greener—so you can enjoy Turkey Day while helping the environment.
- Buy local. Fresh, local food tastes better and is better for the planet in general.
- Make less food…How often have you thrown out a dish because there HAD to be sweet potatoes on the table?
- Turn down the heat. All that cooking heats up the house.
- Recycle. Commit to recycling everything from your Thanksgiving dinner and make it your practice.
- Compost whatever wasted food from Thanksgiving dinner there is.
- MOST IMPORTANT…be thankful for what you have and enjoy the time with your family and friends.
So, once again—HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERBODY!